Problems on Monterey 12.0.1

I'm on a 2019 Intel Macbook Pro 16, base model. Running MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey, Alfred 4.6 [1266]. Multiple issues with Alfred, freezing when launched with shortcut, 1password not working, MacOS even had a pop up saying App is incompatible. I thought the last update was suppose to add Monterey support?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.53.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.53.29 PM.png

Edited by archelium
added another screenshot

@archelium Welcome to the forum.  That's an odd issue, and not one I've seen before from anyone in our community where many people have already updated to Monterey. I'm also currently using Monterey 12.0.1.

Did you install Monterey from scratch or as an upgrade? Have you encountered issues with any other apps?

Could you also re-download Alfred from https://www.alfredapp.com just in case?

The more information you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help you get to the bottom of what's happening on your Mac. :)

Cheers,
Vero

@archelium On further thought, what happens when you click "Learn more..."?

Could you please disable any workflows that contain scripts (e.g. Python-based workflows) by right-clicking them and unchecking "Enabled"?

Let me know how you get on. :)

Cheers,
Vero

Ok I have disabled the workflow that might have been the culprit - Mini Spotify player. Will update if that fixes the problem or if it is still popping up. So far so good.

11 hours ago, Vero said:

@archelium Welcome to the forum.  That's an odd issue, and not one I've seen before from anyone in our community where many people have already updated to Monterey. I'm also currently using Monterey 12.0.1.

Did you install Monterey from scratch or as an upgrade? Have you encountered issues with any other apps?

Could you also re-download Alfred from https://www.alfredapp.com just in case?

The more information you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help you get to the bottom of what's happening on your Mac. :)

Cheers,
Vero

Hi Vero,

My Monterey was an upgrade. I completely remove Alfred and reinstalled it. The only other issue I am facing with is Spotlight not indexing my Google Drive mount, even using mdutil I am not able to enable indexing on the GoogleDrive Volume. I tried using the Google Drive Search Workflow and that's not working either. No solution yet.

As for the Alfred issue, I took a look at another member's post, and seems like the culprit might be the Spotify Mini Player Workflow. I have disabled it now and so far so good.

It's off topic, but if you or anyone else have suggestions on how to get google drive indexing back on or maybe a working workflow I can use, that would be great.

Thanks!

Anthony

9 hours ago, archelium said:

The only other issue I am facing with is Spotlight not indexing my Google Drive mount, even using mdutil I am not able to enable indexing on the GoogleDrive Volume.

That’s a known issue which has to be fixed by Google.

9 hours ago, archelium said:

I tried using the Google Drive Search Workflow and that's not working either.

You were using a Google Drive Workflow, not the. Sometimes more than one Workflow exists for the same goal. Someone pointed you in the direction of mine, which continues to be supported. If you use it and have specific questions, feel free to ask in it’s thread but please be sure to check the second post first so we have productive debugging.

@archelium (and anyone else who finds this thread from now on) We've created a page explaining what's happening and how workflow creators can update their workflows to no longer use Python 2 in a future update:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/monterey-alfred-4-python-2-popup/

In short, you can click "Ok" and you shouldn't see the notice again. We've tested and it doesn't re-appear after you restart your Mac, so is currently just a one-time notice that workflows you're using are using a deprecated version of Python.

Cheers,
Vero

3 hours ago, vitor said:

That’s a known issue which has to be fixed by Google.

You were using a Google Drive Workflow, not the. Sometimes more than one Workflow exists for the same goal. Someone pointed you in the direction of mine, which continues to be supported. If you use it and have specific questions, feel free to ask in it’s thread but please be sure to check the second post first so we have productive debugging.

Hi @vitor, after a long cache building, your workflow is working flawlessly for me. Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed.

24 minutes ago, Vero said:

@archelium (and anyone else who finds this thread from now on) We've created a page explaining what's happening and how workflow creates can update their workflows to no longer use Python 2 in a future update:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/monterey-alfred-4-python-2-popup/

In short, you can click "Ok" and you shouldn't see the notice again. We've tested and it doesn't re-appear after you restart your Mac, so is currently just a one-time notice that workflows you're using are using a deprecated version of Python.

Cheers,
Vero

You're right, so far it only popped up once for me. Thanks for clarifying that.