Moving my Alfred config to a new computer without installing dropbox sync

@Jimbo108 Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, you can copy the Alfred.alfredpreferences file to your new Mac to move everything over. 

By default, this file is located in your user directory under

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/

If you are currently syncing your preferences, the file will be in your sync location instead.

On your new Mac, drop the Alfred.alfredpreferences file in the same location. Please note that you'll still need to activate your Powerpack license on your new Mac :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 year later...

This isn't working for me. I did a migration from a 2020 intel Mac to an M1, both running monterey. Alfred was one of the few apps that didn't migrate seemlessly. Updated powerpack, but importing the old Alfred.alfredpreferences seems to have no effect on the new system

CORRECTION: SOME settings transfered, but not most. Not the custom color, or hotkey, or excluded files list for example

Edited by jamesd7856

@jamesd7856 It appears @Stephen_C is right on with that link, but just to confirm - it's normal that the main Alfred hotkey, the currently selected theme, as well as the checkboxes for features like Clipboard History are *not* migrated, as these are set on a per-Mac basis. (e.g. you may want a different theme at home and at work)

You'll also need to activate your Powerpack license individually on the new Mac, but you should then be up and running :)