Google Chrome Bookmarks

HRD

I have recently noticed that Google Chrome Bookmarks are not being picked by the App. I ticked the appropriate box, closed Alfred but still nothing. I reopened Alfred and the tick had disappeared without any further input.

I then deleted all permissions and reactivated them. Same result.

Can you kindly assist to resolve this?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 09.56.52.png

@HRD First, let's set aside the Bookmarks feature; What you seem to be reporting is that your preferences are not saving, correct? If you change a keyword, quit Alfred and reopen, is that keyword saved? Where are your preferences set to sync to? If you've picked an unusual sync location or Alfred is unable to save changes in the location you've set, preferences will appear to be reset when you relaunch.

Once we've confirmed that you're once again able to save your preferences, then we can take a look at why Chrome bookmarks aren't showing.

@HRD Could you please answer the questions I asked above?

• If you change a keyword for e.g. a custom search, quit Alfred and relaunch, is it saved correctly?
  • What is your location for syncing preferences?

Without tangible information, I can't guess what's happening on your Mac so I'd be grateful if you could also please send your diagnostics file to our info@ address. You can get your Diagnostics file by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred.

Cheers,
Vero

@HRD Assuming Alfred is able to write that option to disk (Dropbox), then Alfred will disable the chrome bookmarks option if he is unable to find any valid Google Chrome profiles.

One likely cause of this is Alfred not having permissions to read in the Google Chrome app support folder. Could you open the macOS Preferences to Security & Privacy > Privacy and scroll down to Full Disk Access. Check that Alfred is in here and checked. If already in there and checked, quit Alfred, remove Alfred from Full Disk Access altogether, then add him back again.

Cheers,

Andrew

@HRD  We've had a look at your diagnostics, and Alfred is operating normally and the preferences are being saved.

Alfred will automatically disable the Google Chrome bookmarks option if no valid Google Chrome profile is being found to prevent this being checked every time the feature is used. As Alfred's Diagnostics doesn't provide us information outside of his own data (to protect your privacy), I can't tell you what is wrong with your Google Chrome profile.

The issue is usually as simple as Alfred not having read access to the data (which is why I previously suggested re-checking full disk access), but as you've already checked this, there is likely an issue with Google Chrome's data.

If you're able to establish the profile issue with your Google Chrome profile - perhaps by creating a new user profile - you should then be able to see your GC bookmarks in Alfred once again. :)