OAuth Workflow Examples & Advice Request

Hi

Could anyone help me find workflows that have implemented some kind of OAuth integration? Notion's public API has got to a point where it is just about useable for what I need it to do, within the notion search workflow I've developed, and it would be great for users not to have to dig out their credentials and store them locally in the current methodology.  

I understand that implementing OAuth is complicated, even more so since workflows don't operate within a server environment. I imagine the only way to accomplish OAuth is to temporarily spin up a local server to receive the callback and access token, exchange it, and store it locally. 

Before I bury myself in potentially sub optimal approaches to this, do you know of any workflows that have OAuth integration already, that I could learn from? Or any tips/advice for someone seeking to do so? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

Before I bury myself in potentially sub optimal approaches to this, do you know of any workflows that have OAuth integration already, that I could learn from? Or any tips/advice for someone seeking to do so? 

I previous asked for a standardized way for Alfred to interact with OAuth-protected APIs, but was shot down. 

Regardless, you might check out @vdesabou's Spotifious workflow, which works with the Spotify API using OAuth tokens.

Another example is @edgarjs's  GitHub Repos workflow.

8 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

I previous asked for a standardized way for Alfred to interact with OAuth-protected APIs, but was shot down

Respectfully, what you asked for was for Alfred to officially support that integration. A standardised (external) way to do it was the first suggestion you got and it was encouraged throughout. Your goal is good, only the implementation was in question.

I accept that a communication failure might make you feel like you were shot down, but the intent was to push up. If an idea I propose has holes or barriers I haven’t thought of, I appreciate being told so I can rethink it in a way that might make it feasible. Having it ignored seems like a worse outcome, but I concede you may have a different view; mine isn’t authoritative.

Who knows. You were involved with OAuth and have taken up coding recently, so an eventual solution might come directly from you of benefit from your input.

Thank you for not getting discouraged and pointing @wrjlewis at good examples.

7 hours ago, vitor said:

Respectfully, what you asked for was for Alfred to officially support that integration. A standardised (external) way to do it was the first suggestion you got and it was encouraged throughout. Your goal is good, only the implementation was in question.

Fair, and thank you for once again pushing me to be clearing and narrower in characterizing the feedback I was given.

You're right that I had suggested that Alfred might provide its own internal support for getting OAuth tokens in a standard way on behalf of the user to enable workflows. But Workflow devs have devised their own solutions that meet their needs and address the same goal, so no use overstating my case!

@wrjlewis let us know if those examples work for you of if you need additional input.