"Alfred 4" needs to be updated message [due to Installed workflow using Python]

1524024422_ScreenShot2022-02-28at10_01_15PM.thumb.png.80b62c011686f145973088804dea7728.png

I continuously get this message popping up when trying to use Alfred.

Happens randomly when using snippets, searches, workflows, etc.

Alfred version 4.6.3 [1285]

MacOS 12.2.1

Edited by Smpl
Add MacOS version

@Smpl This is due to a change Apple has now made in macOS 12.3, where the've removed Python 2 from the pre-installed programming languages. As you're in 12.2.1, you're seeing the pre-emptive "announcement" of this.

You can find out more about it here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/monterey-alfred-4-python-2-popup/

Take a look at the workflows you're using for which one(s) are using Python 2. There are a few solutions:

If you need help, pop a post in the relevant thread and we'll be happy to help you out :)

Does anyone know if there are any other circumstances that could cause this pop-up to appear? I don't have any workflows that require Python2 anymore, but still occasionally see this pop up on my 12.2.1 system.

It usually happens when I first call up Alfred after a cold boot, and I usually have to completely quit and re-launch him to get things working again.

@luckman212Alfred doesn't use Python anywhere in its code, so this will be caused by a workflow that still uses Python 2 somewhere.

Disabling workflows that could contain Python scripts is the best place to start, until you no longer get the notification and can narrow down to the responsible workflow.

Cheers,
Vero

• Andrew changed the title to "Alfred 4" needs to be updated message [due to Installed workflow using Python]