Since Ventura update workflows no longer trigger

@bargepole Could you please give an example of two of workflows you're having issues with? Are the workflows still installed when you go to Alfred's Workflows preferences?

If you sync your workflows using Dropbox, you may need to follow the same steps as this user in re-setting your sync location:

If your issue persists, please provide as much information as possible so that we can help you further :)

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue.

Alfred (v5.0.3 [2087]) appears to work for the core functions, but workflows will not trigger.

I was originally syncing via Dropbox, but I have since switched back to the default setup wrt preferences location (I followed the instructions given in your excellent help sections) as I had seen the above suggestion, and I'd been meaning to switch back. Sadly my problem perssists.

The workflows I've tried, but failed to get to trigger are: Calculate Anything, Case Converter 3, Date Calculator, Movie and TV Show Search, StrongPassword and Word Search.

I type in the trigger keyword, which works as expected; but as soon as I start to type an instruction or search term I just get the fallback search options of Google or Wikipedia.

I'm using a 2021 14" MacBook Pro, running macOS Ventura 13.0. Alfred Powerpack reports its single user license.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks.

4 hours ago, Togs101 said:

Calculate Anything, Case Converter 3, Date Calculator, Movie and TV Show Search, StrongPassword and Word Search.

This is unlikely to be a Ventura or a Dropbox issue, but rather a case of using workflows that use Python 2, which was removed from macOS in early Monterey.

You can take a look at this thread to find out how to reinstall Python 2 and/or find alternatives to these workflows:

• 2 weeks later...

@vitor@Vero Huge apologies for the delay in following up, and huge thanks for the solution.

I assumed as I was simply upgrading from Monterey to Ventura (not a clean install) there would be no need to reinstall Xcode & Python 2. Obviously I was absolutely wrong!

Anyway, all appears to be back to as it was.

Many thanks.

Cheers!

• 7 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 5:32 PM, Vero said:

This is unlikely to be a Ventura or a Dropbox issue, but rather a case of using workflows that use Python 2, which was removed from macOS in early Monterey.

You can take a look at this thread to find out how to reinstall Python 2 and/or find alternatives to these workflows:

Hi there @Vero, I'm having the same issue! None of my workflows will trigger unfortunately. I start typing and when I hit enter to activate the trigger, it just switches to my fallback searches as if I didn't understand the command. Any help here would be really apprecated!

13 minutes ago, mattyp613 said:

Any help here would be really apprecated!

The first step for this is to answer the questions asked by Vítor in response to your other post:

Which workflows, specifically, are you trying to run? What does the debugger say? What’s your version of Alfred and macOS?