Calculator Question

Thanks so much for the quick response! That workflow looks mighty complicated - I just want to substitute "*" for "x" and be able to press the +/= button to add numbers.

Welcome to Alfred :)

Sorry, there isn't currently a way to set the operator characters in Alfred. The workflow suggested by Ddyracer may be your best solution for now (if it supports that) if this is a must-have function.

Welcome to Alfred :)

Sorry, there isn't currently a way to set the operator characters in Alfred. The workflow suggested by Ddyracer may be your best solution for now (if it supports that) if this is a must-have function.

Thanks, David. See how lazy I am, I can't press "*" instead of "x". 

I'm so lazy, I need a keyboard shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.  ;)

Thanks, David. See how lazy I am, I can't press "*" instead of "x". 

I'm so lazy, I need a keyboard shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.   ;)

Haha, it's funny what productivity tools do to us. We got so used to having so much power that when one little thing doesn't work EXACTLY right, we melt down and can't figure out what to do.

Trying to show someone how to do something on a Mac without Alfred is embarrassing. I look like an idiot bumbling around trying to find stuff. I'm so used to Alfred doing any and everything I need ha.

Thanks so much for the quick response! That workflow looks mighty complicated - I just want to substitute "*" for "x" and be able to press the +/= button to add numbers.

I added this to my QuickCalc workflow, if you want to take a look. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to replace the built-in calculator, but you can set up a hotkey or change the default keyword to make it a bit easier to access. Oh, and you don't have to worry about variables and custom functions if you don't want to. You can just use it as a basic calculator.

I'm thinking about adding an option to have numbers with spaces in between automatically added together, to make things a bit easier for people without a numpad. I can't really use '=' for addition since Alfred already uses it for calculating an expression. (Edit: I actually could use '=' as an alias for '+', it only has problems if you reassign the keyword to '='. I'll think about adding this.)

Edited by Clinton Strong