Delay when first running alfred after sleep

morganbt

When resuming a computer from sleep, the first time I run Alfred the Alfred entry window shows but then it freezes for approximately 30 to 45 seconds. During this time, the mouse shows the spinning wheel when hovering over the Alfred entry window.

I have my settings sync'd to dropbox and have Alfred running on another computer (a laptop). The other computer does not exhibit this behavior.

Computer Specifications:

Computer: iMac 

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB

OS X: 10.8.3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M

When resuming a computer from sleep, the first time I run Alfred the Alfred entry window shows but then it freezes for approximately 30 to 45 seconds. During this time, the mouse shows the spinning wheel when hovering over the Alfred entry window.

I have my settings sync'd to dropbox and have Alfred running on another computer (a laptop). The other computer does not exhibit this behavior.

Computer Specifications:

Computer: iMac 

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB

OS X: 10.8.3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M

While this freeze is going on, could you open Activity Monitor, select Alfred and click the 'Sample Process'. This may give us a clue as to what is going on.

Also, if you could turn off the 'eject' and 'eject all' commands just in case the OS X call for this is waiting on a hanging network resource.