Sorting workflows

Hi, 

I have a situation where I have created multiple workflows each for different versions of a piece of software.  I have to have all versions available as we still support them, and they each have a specific flow to them.

My issue, which I believe I solved once before, is that when i access alfred and begin typing the command for the program, I want to default to the most used one each time, with the ability to either finish typing the version, or arrowing down.  For example, when I type "prog" now, I see this:

program94

program

program10

program8

program94 is the one I use the most, so it shows up as the default.  I did something a few years ago to always make this one float to the top, and I dont remember what it is.  But now, program10 needs to be the default, so I need it to bubble to the default entry (just press enter).

Like i said, im pretty sure I figured this out a few years ago and stuck program94 as default, but i now find myself with the need to change that.

Am I crazy?  Or did I find a way to make this work?

Thanks!!

Welcome @Carpesimia,

You should only need to act on program10 a few times in a row and Alfred will quickly learn to prioritise that one. Make sure you have the checkbox ticked under Alfred Preferences → Advanced → Learning.

Keep in mind the latching is specific to what you typed. E.g. you can make Alfred prioritise program94 when you type prog and prioritise program10 when you type p. It depends on the text you had when pressing ↩.

The details may be different depending on the specifics of your workflow.

Ok so I just verified that learning is turned on, but something i dont understand.  Look at this list:

program94

program

program10

program8

Its true that program94 is the most used one until now.  Program 10 is the second highest.  Id say Ive been using program94 20-30 times a week, and program10 4-5 times a week.

But I havent used "program" in well over a year.  Why is that one still #2?  And program 8?  Ive used it maybe 3-4 times in the last year, so it shouldnt be completely last.

Do I need up upgrade to pp5?

12 hours ago, Carpesimia said:

But I havent used "program" in well over a year.  Why is that one still #2?  And program 8?  Ive used it maybe 3-4 times in the last year, so it shouldnt be completely last.

Alfred's Knowledge is based on a rolling 4-weeks window, so results you selected six months ago won't have an impact on prioritisation. You can read a bit more detail about Alfred's results ordering here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/kb/understanding-result-ordering/

@vitor then described the latching behaviour which is point 2 in the link above.

If, out of those programs, there are some you don't want to see in results as they're unwanted installed apps (e.g. when Adobe installs so much nonsense extra stuff), you can drag those to Spotlight's Privacy tab, then type "reload" into Alfred, and those apps will be excluded altogether from results. :)