Search for multiple address in GoogleMaps to make a route

I own a window cleaning company and I'm constantly making routes on GoogleMaps and I desperately want to make the process more efficient!  I'm trying to automate a search on GoogleMaps that can quickly put multiple addresses on a map for me.  I am also a Mac user and I would like to be able to quickly click an event in Apple Calendar and it somehow copies the address of that event to GoogleMaps so that I can click on 10-15 events and see all of those addresses on the map.  I dont need it to make the most efficient route or anything like that, I just need to be able to quickly see all of the addresses on a map.  Is this possible?  HELP! 😎

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.00.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.02.26 AM.jpg

Edited by Seth
typo

try this @Seth

Set a hotkey or use a keyword (default: grablocation) to fetch the locations of today's events in a calendar (default: Work) and show them in Google Maps. 

I am not sure clicking can be done easily, as you would need to store the locations somewhere. One can filter events in some other way in addition to Calendar (title etc). 

• 1 month later...

@Seth Happy to help!

1) download the workflow at the link below. Double click to install.

2) you will see this configuration window below. If your calendar is named Work, you can just proceed. If not, enter the calendar name in the Calendar box, then proceed.

image.thumb.png.b3850a36739f2c9ae8cd400adfee51c2.png

3) open alfred and type grablocations, select the workflow (see screenshot below), press return

image.thumb.png.379cd8840f2a8135313eb104fd86ae0a.png

4) your browser should open a Google Maps tab with directions to all the locations of today's events.  

Feel free to let us know if you run into trouble.

Edited by giovanni

I do not see a workflow that I can download? 🤷‍♂️  I have not even downloaded the Powerpack yet but I'm more than happy to do it if you are for sure this will work.  Would it be possible for you to set up a time to share screens so I can see how this works? 

On 5/9/2023 at 12:21 PM, Seth said:

I do not see a workflow that I can download?

there is a link to download in my previous message

I have not even downloaded the Powerpack yet

you will need the Powerpack to run Workflows

so I can see how this works

I made a screencast, here

So cool!  What I currently do is I type in a zip code in the calendar search bar and it highlights all of the events that have that zip code in it.  Then I manually plug those address into GoogleMaps.  Can we make it so that it will fetch an entire weeks worth of events (all 5 calendars) and sort it by zip code?  For example, it fetches all events with the zip code 80525.  And after I have organized those events then I can search for other zip codes?  Does that makes since? 

Here you go

19 hours ago, Seth said:

I type in a zip code

You can now enter a zip code in Alfred to show only events in that ZIP code, by calendar.

19 hours ago, Seth said:

Can we make it so that it will fetch an entire weeks worth of events

You can also set the number of days you want to retrieve in the Configure Workflow (default: 7).

Demo here

Can it search all of the calendars for a specific zip code and map them at the same time?  I think GoogleMaps can only handle 15 locations at a time so it may need to split it up into 2 maps but that is ok.  

14 minutes ago, Seth said:

map them at the same time

then how do you know where each crew is going? 

13 minutes ago, Seth said:

Do I also need that Brave app

that's just a browser, it will open whatever browser you use

Edited by giovanni

We would be able to make the most efficient routes for each individual crew if we can see all of the calendars.  We move events from one crew to another all of the time to make drive time less. 

On 5/11/2023 at 11:23 AM, Seth said:

Can it search all of the calendars for a specific zip code and map them at the same time?

OK! I added a way to show all the locations for all the crews, in batches of 10. 

... I realize this conversation is sounding more and more like a chatGPT session 🤓

workflow here, demo here

Edited by giovanni
  • 2 weeks later...

My receptionist quit so I need to put this on hold for a bit until I can find a replacement 😥 but I'm REALLY excited for what you have done so far.  I will be in touch hopefully sooner than later 🤞

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...