[Request] List files inside a directory

Hello everyone!

So this is what I am trying to do. I have a folder in which I keep a few text files (ToDo).

With Alfred 1, I had a global hotkey to open that folder. But now with Alfred 2 I think it would be cool it to just type whatever in Alfred, like "myfolder" and it would list all the items inside that folder, selecting a item would open that item.

I know I could just type the whole file address in Alfred, but that would not be practical.

Is there any easy way to do that? Do I even need a workflow?

Thank you,

Marcelo

Hello everyone!

So this is what I am trying to do. I have a folder in which I keep a few text files (ToDo).

With Alfred 1, I had a global hotkey to open that folder. But now with Alfred 2 I think it would be cool it to just type whatever in Alfred, like "myfolder" and it would list all the items inside that folder, selecting a item would open that item.

I know I could just type the whole file address in Alfred, but that would not be practical.

Thank you,

Marcelo

You could make a workflow with a hotkey connected to a 'Browse in Alfred' (or 'Reveal in Finder') action; set the Hotkey's Argument to 'Text', then give it the path to the folder you want to search.

Here's an picture of what I mean:

Hotkey%20to%20Browse%20Folder.jpg

I like the idea of a keyword better, but I don't know how to do that without some scripting (and a Script Filter of course :P ).

Hello everyone!

Thank you,

Marcelo

I can't really help you if you wish to reveal in finder with a keyword, as i can't get it to work. But, if you want to browse the files in Alfred that's easier, just select no argument.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%202.38.4

It's in Templates> Show Alfred> File System Navigation for Specified Path

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-18%20at%202.33.4

Edited by Ddyracer

You could make a workflow with a hotkey connected to a 'Browse in Alfred' (or 'Reveal in Finder') action; set the Hotkey's Argument to 'Text', then give it the path to the folder you want to search.

Here's an picture of what I mean:

Hotkey%20to%20Browse%20Folder.jpg

I like the idea of a keyword better, but I don't know how to do that without some scripting (and a Script Filter of course :P ).

This can be done several ways. The way that Tyler and Ddyracer are suggesting by getting Alfred to browse to that location is perfectly valid. One of the other options is to simply use a file filter. Filters are setup to browse a certain location, can be restricted to certain types of files, and allow you to easily search in that folder. Obviously, with Browse in Alfred, you could type and narrow down the search results based on the input. I think this comes down to preference on how you want it displayed. If you like the File Navigation view, go with the Browse in Alfred method. If you like the default list view that you normally get from a search, go with a File Filter.