Alfred's alphabet

Alfred's alphabet 🔤
A dictionary of your Alfred shortcuts

Download
image.thumb.png.bc6b48bdc58e17e3043e16b1bed9d563.png

Background

You can launch Alfred Workflows using single letters (either alone, or with a prefix, or as hotkeys with modifiers). Specifically:

1. single-letter keyword (e.g. m used for m query)
2. prefix + single letter keyword (e.g. k used with a prefix (!, -> !k) to search your Kindle library using alfred-kindle)
3. hotkey (a letter plus one or more of the modifier keys:

1. Shift (⇧)
  2. Control (^)
  3. Option (⌥)
  4. Command (⌘)

Alfred's Alphabet    allows to review single-letter shortcuts in a single dictionary application, to check which letters are used, which are available, and which ones are conflicting with system-wide shortcuts. 

Browsing Alfred's Alphabet
- launch with keyword (default: aalpha), or custom hotkey
- scroll results or enter a single letter to filter. The first output is an overview with one circle per keyword/hotkey. 
- : unused prefix/hotkey modifier
- 🟠: prefix/hotkey modifier used for Alfred Workflow
- 🔴: used prefix/hotkey modifier, conflicting with one of the custom/system-wide shortcuts
- Circles are grouped in blocks as follows:
    1. no prefix (i.e. single-letter keyword)
    2. prefix block (if any): if any letter prefixes have been entered in Workflow configuration, they will be represented in this block (one circle per prefix)
    3. 1-key modifier keys in this order (block of 4): shift, control, option, command
    4. 2-key modifier keys: 
        - block of 3: sht-ctl, sht-opt, `sht-cmd
        - block of 2: ctl-opt, ctl-cmd
        - block of 1: opt-cmd
    5. 3-key modifier keys (block of 3): sht-ctl-opt, sht-ctl-cmd, ctl-opt-cmd,
    6. 4-key modifier (block of 1): sht-ctl-opt-cmd
- ctrl-enter ^↩️ will show the overview in large font
- enter ↩️ will list the workflows using that letter
- further pressing enter ↩️ will open the config page of the corresponding Workflow. 

Saving custom hotkeys
By entering :aalpha you can open a csv file with custom hotkeys. 
Enter your own, using for the modifier key one of the abbreviations listed above. 
A few examples are listed as demo in the default file.

Wow! That is a pretty cool workflow in my opinion! I really like the interface solution with circles!

Is it possible to not show disabled workflows? It seems like it now shows all the shortcuts.

Also, in my case `:aalpha` only gives the table with only 4 rows. What do the custom hotkeys mean? Are those shortcuts modified from the defaults?

image.png.d215bba9bc644b87d6246d6ca476f560.png

Edited by 40-02
9 hours ago, 40-02 said:

Is it possible to not show disabled workflows?

Great idea! I added this option.

9 hours ago, 40-02 said:

What do the custom hotkeys mean? Are those shortcuts modified from the defaults?

The idea was for the user to add rows with their shortcuts from other applications etc. The ideal solution would be that the Workflow gets all the system keyboard shortcuts and shows them in the file, but I couldn't find a way to do that. 

32 minutes ago, giovanni said:

The idea was for the user to add rows with their shortcuts from other applications etc. The ideal solution would be that the Workflow gets all the system keyboard shortcuts and shows them in the file, but I couldn't find a way to do that. 

Wow! I was dreaming about that! 

I have also researched how to collect all the global shortcuts several times already, but I have had no luck. 

Though, I think I will continue my search. I will let you know if I find the solution.