Opening a Finder folder does not bring that window to front in Finder

mfessler

Try the following, with no Finder windows open:

1) Search for one folder (type "Doc cmd-O for example to open Documents) --> a window showing that folder's contents opens in Finder.

2) Search for another folder ("Mus cmd-O for Music) --> a second Finder window containing that folder opens. But the first one is still in front, so you have to manipulate windows or cmd-` through the open Finder windows to find the right one.

Is there consensus that the most recently opened folder (via Alfred) should open above the other windows present? 

Try the following, with no Finder windows open:

1) Search for one folder (type "Doc cmd-O for example to open Documents) --> a window showing that folder's contents opens in Finder.

2) Search for another folder ("Mus cmd-O for Music) --> a second Finder window containing that folder opens. But the first one is still in front, so you have to manipulate windows or cmd-` through the open Finder windows to find the right one.

Is there consensus that the most recently opened folder (via Alfred) should open above the other windows present? 

I've just tested this and Alfred works as expected where the latest Finder window comes to the front. Do you have any particular configuration such as TotalFinder installed as this could be causing the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes - I'm using Totalfinder. Duh. Is this something you can fix on your end, or is there some detail I can give to the Totalfinder author to see if he can do something to make it work?

Many thanks!

Ah, yes - I'm using Totalfinder. Duh. Is this something you can fix on your end, or is there some detail I can give to the Totalfinder author to see if he can do something to make it work?

Many thanks!

Alfred just asks OS X to open or reveal a file or folder using a Cocoa API, so this isn't something which can be done in Alfred to fix this, and likely behaviour which will be experienced with apps other than Alfred when using TotalFinder too.