Alfred 4 Freezing after Sonoma update

jdwwwyah

Running 4.8 [1312]

I updated to Sonoma and now I'm getting freezing / locking. 

Reproducible every time. 
1. Start Alfred
2. Type something in the bar, like "asdf" It works. 
3. Escape out. 
4. Type some more: it freezes.

I have zero workflows. 

@jdwwwyah Could you please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email it to our info@ email address, so that I can take a look at your configuration :)

When you next see Alfred freezing, could you please open Activity Monitor, select Alfred and do a Sample Process? This will tell us what's happening while it's frozen on your Mac.

@jdwwwyah In fact, on re-reading your message, I have a suspicion that you might have a conflict between Alfred and Spotlight using the same hotkey. Using the hotkey brings up both Spotlight and Alfred (though Spotlight may not be visible).

Take a look at this guide to making sure Alfred and Spotlight don't conflict:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/

If you still have any issues, please follow the instructions above and send in your Diagnostics, as well as screenshots of the System preferences where the Spotlight hotkey is set.

Alfred support helped me out and this looks resolved. 

It seems like this was a temporary issue with likely related to iCloud and needed some time (4-6hr) to reindex or something like that. 

So, resolved for me, but if it happens to you, just be more patient than I was.