Folder Tree.

My work often has me creating lots of repetitive folder trees for projects and they tend to be cyclical, so I usually make a template and keep making the same project folder trees for months. Over the years I’ve attempted making these in a variety of ways. This started with Automator and then getting help to implement in alfred back in 2018.  I then also saw this recent workflow shared, and I remembered I had created something similar by just using automation tasks and no external dependencies.

image.thumb.png.f9e092cbcdb5b70ec44bc213447bdc8b.png

I owe most of this workflow’s setup to some of that early experimentation and @Stephen_C's experimentation on his folder workflows.

I’d figured I would share and see if would be useful to others and if there might be some helpful tweaks I could make. I’m not so sold on the icon yet. Also @vitor I would love for you to weigh in as you also seem to find useful tweak or efficiency. Here is the tree: https://transfer.sh/62F5tkcvDU/Folder Tree TEMPLATE.alfredworkflow

I do wonder if this has any practical purpose beyond being an example? In it's current form, users could use it as a template but would need to set the argument to their custom folder paths.

Thanks!

Edited by sepulchra

Thanks @vitor. That is much much cleaner and instructive. I didn't put it on github as I didn't know if it would be of value beyond being an example to the wider community. In essence everytime i start a new project with its own set of folders, I would replicate this and created the specific folder paths etc. Look how much cleaner this looks:

image.thumb.png.e8e16bbcbc42a4e1dd4d568f70fac805.png

I never have used the split argument object and it works as I have configured it, but is this how it "should" be?

image.png.e6e3752e55a6ba015249dcfdadc59027.png

10 hours ago, sepulchra said:

Thanks @vitor. That is much much cleaner and instructive. I didn't put it on github as I didn't know if it would be of value beyond being an example to the wider community. In essence everytime i start a new project with its own set of folders, I would replicate this and created the specific folder paths etc. Look how much cleaner this looks:

image.thumb.png.e8e16bbcbc42a4e1dd4d568f70fac805.png

I never have used the split argument object and it works as I have configured it, but is this how it "should" be?

image.png.e6e3752e55a6ba015249dcfdadc59027.png

Pls share updated version via Github. Many thanks in advance