Add multi-language support to workflows

_mk_

It is easy to get the current system language of the mac and create feedback xml in multiple language. Unfortunately, it is not possible to define "Placeholder title", "Placeholder subtext" etc in different languages. Would it be possible to add multi-language support for the strings that can only be modified in the workflow editor?

It is easy to get the current system language of the mac and create feedback xml in multiple language. Unfortunately, it is not possible to define "Placeholder title", "Placeholder subtext" etc in different languages. Would it be possible to add multi-language support for the strings that can only be modified in the workflow editor?

It is a lot of work to maintain an application in multiple languages; for this reason, Andrew has chosen to forgo such support in favor of a very speedy development cycle.

Here's a post on that topic: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/396-adding-localizationtranslation/?hl=language#entry1822

Cheers :)

I understand that it would be too much of an effort for Andrew to support multiple languages in Alfred itself. But that was not my suggestion.

I could imagine an e.g. Script Filter edit screen that offers the possibility to define placeholder texts for different languages. The same applies for notifications.

I also saw Vero's suggestion to use different keywords for localized searched/script filters. But that would bloat the workflows as one would have to add script filters for every supported language. The other solution would be to offer different workflows for different locales. But that would also unnecessarily create a lot of effort for the workflow developers.

I am not quite sure if Alfred is only targeted to power users that would not like to have workflows in their native language. At least, I would like this.