Clipboard history stop working in Sonoma os.

• 1 month later...

I've tried all the Help instructions as well as redoing permissions but no joy.  I migrated via TM to a new M3 Mac forma n M1 and Alfred's clipboard worked fine on the M1 but not the M3.

Any suggestions?

40 minutes ago, jlc78 said:

I've tried all the Help instructions as well as redoing permissions but no joy.  I migrated via TM to a new M3 Mac forma n M1 and Alfred's clipboard worked fine on the M1 but not the M3.

Any suggestions?

I suggest to remove (uninstall) Alfred completely and re-install it. I also move to a new M3. 

@jlc78 Removing and reinstalling Alfred is unlikely to have an impact on this.

Could you be more specific about what does and doesn't work for you in the Clipboard?

• Are items added to the clipboard when you copy them?
  • Can you Cmd + C from the Clipboard Viewer and paste with Cmd + V?
  • If you open TextEdit (which is a simple and native app), choose an item in the Clipboard Viewer and press Return, do you see anything pasted? Do you hear an error beep?

It most likely is a permissions issue, but answers to the above will help me guide you better :)

Cheers,
Vero

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Alfred, on my older Macs (M1 and Intel) saved to the Alfred clipboard items I copied with Ctrl-C or the Copy command from my mouse.  Since migrating to an M3 no items are saved on Alfred's clipboard.  I have set the durations for saving items in preferences.  If I open the Clipboard it is blank even after copying an item.

• Are items added to the clipboard when you copy them? No
  • Can you Cmd + C from the Clipboard Viewer and paste with Cmd + V?  Clipboard Viewer is blank
  • If you open TextEdit (which is a simple and native app), choose an item in the Clipboard Viewer and press Return, do you see anything pasted? Do you hear an error beep?  There are no items to choose in Clipboard viewer, all I get is a grey pop up with "No matching snippets"

Thanks,

Jim

CleanShot 2024-01-16 at 10.42.30@2x.png

Edited by jlc78
Update

What happens in macOS (i.e., excluding Alfred) if you use ⌘C to copy an item and ⌘V to paste it?

Edit: Are you using any other clipboard utility?

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C
Additional question

@jlc78 Could you please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email it to our info@ address so that I can take a look at your configuration.

Could you also share a screenshot of the Clipboard Viewer when you use option double tap? I realise this will be blank but just allows me to confirm we're all looking at the same view and same app :)

Found issue:  I had the Snippets and Clipboard hotkeys set to the same key set.  Cleared one and problem resolved; Vero said that would be fixed in the future to prevent hotkey conflicts.  Thanks to Vero for a fast response.