searchingh inside the system-settings

I think it's worth checking that Alfred has the permissions he needs. Go to Alfred Preferences → General and then click on Request Permissions… and then check the various permissions.

For what it's worth, searching for macOS system settings works for me in Alfred (without using the workflows I mentioned).

Stephen

Stephen

On 1/10/2024 at 10:42 AM, Vero said:

@Alfredonna Could you please let us know which version of macOS you're using?

Its ventura 13.5.2 (i also run BTT and some Tinker Tool, afaik no other lolw-level-tools...BUT even if booth disabled / reset of Tinker - it keeps the same issue?)) 

Edited by Alfredonna
On 1/10/2024 at 10:04 AM, Stephen_C said:

Go to Alfred Preferences → General and then click on Request Permissions… and then check the various permissions.

I did and  i  gave Alfred permission to the first 2 entries - It keeps the same!

But for the 3. one (Request Permissions>Automation)  - i dont know- i didnt find any +/- to change this??? But does spotlight need automation-scripts++++ or terminal access to find (inside) system-settings.

And contacts will alos not fix the problem, i guess.

As said its 

Ventura 13.5.2 (i also run BTT and some Tinker Tool, afaik no other lolw-level-tools...BUT even if booth disabled / reset of Tinker - it keeps the same issue?)) 

And BTW: I dont want GOOGLE as web-search, i give another serach-engine, but google will keep cmd+1...  (i had 2 COMPUTER restarts last days... so this is also not the ground of the problem????)

@Alfredonna Over the past few versions of macOS, Apple have broken the System Settings / System Preferences which means that they're not always returned correctly in the indexed results. This is why we've released the workflows @Stephen_C provided links for, as this works around the missing macOS features.

We're keeping an eye on whether Apple will resolve this issue or not, and will provide a built-in solution if necessary; In the meantime, the workflow remains the best way to reliably include System Settings in your search results.