File search won't reveal any files

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I have installed Alfred 5 on a new Macbook Pro. I have a problem that whenever I use Alfred to search for a file or folder, it can't find anything. There are no reach results.

I have made sure that Alfred has all permissions set, full disk access etc and have also made sure that the Mac and all folders are added to the search locations list.

It works fine on my other Mac but not on my new one.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks,

Dino

2024-01-27_13-16-46.jpg

Edited by phase44
Attached troubleshooting record

On the assumption you've already tried the suggestion at the bottom of your screenshot (without success) go to this Alfred help page. You should work carefully through the list of suggestions on that page

Note that if the problem follows migration of settings to a new Mac you may well be experiencing an issue caused by the macOS Migration Assistant—where paths from the previous Mac/macOS version are not correctly set on the new Mac. Using a broader Alfred default search scope is one workaround but most users find this resolves after a deep reindex (Step 6 on the previously linked page) or over a period of time where macOS naturally rebuilds the index and likely works past the legacy paths that were migrated.

Stephen

• vitor changed the title to File search won't reveal any files