Snippet management much slower with 5.5

Zach N

Managing snippet collections (adding new snippets and editing existing ones) has slowed to a crawl with the latest release (5.5 [2257], on Sonoma 14.4.). I've never had latency trying to edit snippet keywords before, but now I'm getting the rainbow wheel and long delays before keypresses are registered, so far only in the snippet section of Alfred (in Features > Snippets), with Alfred being the only app open. Continues to occur more often than not across dozens of snippet alterations.

@Zach N Could you please let me know if and how you're syncing your preferences? This is most likely an issue caused by the preferences being synced in such a way that Alfred doesn't have instant and ongoing access to the preferences.

If you're using iCloud, ensure that Optimised Storage is disabled so that the preferences are always available to Alfred.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps I provided to this user, where you move Alfred out of your sync location temporarily to check whether the behaviour improves outside of iCloud:

Let me know how you get on :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 5:43 AM, Vero said:

@Zach N Could you please let me know if and how you're syncing your preferences? This is most likely an issue caused by the preferences being synced in such a way that Alfred doesn't have instant and ongoing access to the preferences.

If you're using iCloud, ensure that Optimised Storage is disabled so that the preferences are always available to Alfred.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps I provided to this user, where you move Alfred out of your sync location temporarily to check whether the behaviour improves outside of iCloud:

Let me know how you get on :)

This solved the problem! Sorry about that. I'm surprised it's never come up before, the timing with the update was coincidental!

Thanks all.