Scroll bars in the new Markdown View do not follow theme

Floating.Point

The (amazing) new markdown view is showing an ugly implementation of the system default scrollbars, rather than the (lovely) scrollbars used elsewhere inside of Alfred.

here in the appearance panel my scrollbar is a nice skinny orange bar

image.thumb.jpeg.c4ae64caede2b1bcac98d29f0c457389.jpeg

But in the Markdown view its a system default scrollbar with square edges and looks bad

image.thumb.png.698ea8bbef8b880b291d50efecf562c6.png

The text view uses a native macOS Scroller for the text view, so you won't get the themed scroller like in Alfred's default results. You're seeing it like this because you likely have your macOS setting to "Show Scroll Bars: Always". If you set this to the default of "When Scrolling", you won't get the background drawn behind the scroller.

Having said that, there are a few things you can do to make this look a little better if you want to keep the macOS "Always" setting enabled.

1. Assuming macOS is in dark mode, Switch Alfred's dark mode rendering to native in the Appearance > Options > Use Native Dark Mode window rendering... This should make the background darker and fit with your theme better.

2. Update the theme to use a Visual Effects View background. You'll lose the pink border, but this uses a more modern window content view, and the scrollers are rendered differently.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, changing to 'when scrolling' was my preferred solution (I'm not on dark mode for MacOS and I am too attached to my chonky borders)

Thanks for taking the time to explain what's going on and provide several solutions ❤️