editing Note of an object doesn't save reliably

* What you were doing when the issue happened: trying to edit the Note of an object in a Workflow
* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action: yes, constantly
* Include any screenshots that might help us: recorded a video with Screenshot but can't upload it
* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using (don't say "latest" - you'll find a version number in the Update tab of Alfred's preferences): Alfred 5.5 [2257]
* Include your macOS version: 14.4.1 (23E224)

If you could share the video in some way (e.g. uploading to a file locker) it could be useful.

Are you using a syncing service? If so, are your preferences always offline? I’m not finding it now, but I recall someone with the same issue and it boiled down to a problem with the syncing, in which whatever service (I don’t recall which) was seemingly reverting the relevant file.

After the above, the next step would be resetting syncing to the default location and see if you can reproduce.

10 minutes ago, vitor said:

Are you using a syncing service? If so, are your preferences always offline? I’m not finding it now, but I recall someone with the same issue and it boiled down to a problem with the syncing, in which whatever service (I don’t recall which) was seemingly reverting the relevant file.

OH! another one that i didn't know. yeah i sync with Dropbox. wasn't aware of the "making available offline". thought that was how Dropbox was working actually lol. doing this and let's see. thanks again and will update if needed.

42 minutes ago, godbout said:

thought that was how Dropbox was working actually

Since (mandatorily) changing to the File Provider API, popular third party services all evict files by default. Even so, some do seem more reliable than others and Dropbox’s appears to have been the steepest decline. But this is mostly anecdotal from personal observation, so take it with a grain of salt.

10 hours ago, vitor said:

Since (mandatorily) changing to the File Provider API, popular third party services all evict files by default. Even so, some do seem more reliable than others and Dropbox’s appears to have been the steepest decline. But this is mostly anecdotal from personal observation, so take it with a grain of salt.

ah. true. so does Alfred recommend any File Provider over another now? i think the doc used to prefer Dropbox in the past.

thanks VitorGPT 😃