Enter workflow without keyword

Hi!

I just bought the Powerpack and I already have some great workflows installed.

The only thing I'm wondering is: Is there a way to sort of default a workflow into Alfred? So that a keyword isn't necessairy?

I have this Google Chrome Bookmarks search installed (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2362-search-google-chromechromium-bookmarks/)

And I'd love it, if I could just turn on Alfred and immediately start going through my bookmarks. Now I have to first type "chrome", then space, and then I can search. But this feels a bit unatural to me. I just want to start up Alfred and have my Chrome bookmarks available!

Thanks,

A newcomer

You can set a hotkey for the workflow (plus sign at top right, Triggers>Hotkey). Double click it then make it Show Alfred in Action and set the Argument to Text and type chrome in the text box.

I agree; hotkey's the best choice. I would make the hotkey, keep the action set to 'Pass through to workflow', and connect it to the 'chrome' script filter.

Here's a picture of what I mean:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-22%20at%204.48.0

Now when you press ⌃⌘C Alfred will open like this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-22%20at%204.49.5

Ready for you to type  :lol:

You can do the same thing (with a new hotkey, of course) for any Script Filter, Keyword, or File Filter.

Cheers :)

I have this Google Chrome Bookmarks search installed (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2362-search-google-chromechromium-bookmarks/)

And I'd love it, if I could just turn on Alfred and immediately start going through my bookmarks. Now I have to first type "chrome", then space, and then I can search. But this feels a bit unatural to me. I just want to start up Alfred and have my Chrome bookmarks available!

For this particular example, you may find this solution which brings Chrome bookmarks natively into OS X and Alfred better:

http://blog.timschroeder.net/2013/04/15/Bring-Brow-to-Alfred/

Sweet! Both seem very solid solutions. Trying 'm out as we speak!

Thanks Carlos-Sz, Tyler Eich and Andrew!

You could also create a fallback search that would simply reshow Alfred with 'g <your text>' pre filled so it would show as a fallback search and then show suggestions if you pressed enter on that fallback item

Another fun version would be to have the keyword there already but to use Applescript to script Alfred. So, create a new workflow and assign a hotkey to it, and then just put in a script (osascript) and type this: 

tell application "Alfred 2" to search "KEYWORD_HERE"

Maybe that's not the most direct way, but I absolutely love the idea of using Alfred to script Alfred. (I'll also say that this isn't exactly frivolous... I've found some really good uses for it. The workflows that I've used as an example aren't mature enough to release yet).