System commands : no external drive displayed.

Hi, 

When i type "eject" or "ejectall", none of my external hard drives are displayed in the Alfred Search bar.

(Both of these two features are turned on in my settings). 

Apparently, it works with mounted .dmg files but not with external drives.

Edited by politicus

Hi, 

When i type "eject" or "ejectall", none of my external hard drives are displayed in the Alfred Search bar.

(Both of these two features are turned on in my settings). 

Apparently, it works with mounted .dmg files but not with external drives.

Try changing the eject scope in Alfred's Features > System Command prefs from "Removable Media" to "Local Mounted Volumes" :)

What a noob I am :-) 

Some feedback for your upcoming tutorials section :

Alfred is very powerful, but has a steep learning curve.

Learning how to use Alfred is not "hard" (not Vim), but there are so many hidden

gems/workflows/features/shortcuts that mastering them become more difficult than 

expected. 

ie: yesterday I spend about half an hour trying to find how I could make a selection 

appear in the Alfred Search bar. I thought it was built-in before re-discovering 

I had to create a workflow.

What a noob I am :-) 

Some feedback for your upcoming tutorials section :

Alfred is very powerful, but has a steep learning curve.

Learning how to use Alfred is not "hard" (not Vim), but there are so many hidden

gems/workflows/features/shortcuts that mastering them become more difficult than 

expected. 

ie: yesterday I spend about half an hour trying to find how I could make a selection 

appear in the Alfred Search bar. I thought it was built-in before re-discovering 

I had to create a workflow.

If you ever run across something that's taking a bit to figure out, pop a question in the forums or on Twitter. Between the Alfred team and the large group of other users in the forums, you can typically get an answer to your question pretty quick

@David all my apologies if my previous comment seems rude to you. 

You are absolutely right: the Alfred community, support, staff are doing an amazing job!

Definitely didn't seem rude. :) I was just commenting that if you are having an issue and you seem to be spending a lot of time trying to figure it out, pop a question on here or on Twitter. We'd be happy to help out.