Change Finder for Pahtfinder as default file browser?

Hi,

In my Alfreds testing, I see that it is integrated with OS X Finder. I don't like Finder, I prefer other software like Pathfinder, is there any way at this moment to change the default  file browser from Finder to Pathfinder?

Or maybe in the future as a new feature?

PD: I think Alfred it's awesome, just the free stuff it's enough for me but I have bought the 'power pack' in order to support your effort and work :)

I use PathFinder with Alfred all the time. Some of the workflows are designed to work with either. If you make a workflow that takes OS selection, it get it from PathFinder just fine. The only thing I keep having to go back to Finder for is the RegExp File Renamer workflow. It does not work with PathFinder at all ;-(

Hi,

In my Alfreds testing, I see that it is integrated with OS X Finder. I don't like Finder, I prefer other software like Pathfinder, is there any way at this moment to change the default  file browser from Finder to Pathfinder?

Or maybe in the future as a new feature?

PD: I think Alfred it's awesome, just the free stuff it's enough for me but I have bought the 'power pack' in order to support your effort and work :)

As mentioned above, Alfred should work normally with PathFinder. What issues are you running in to?

• 2 months later...

I don't have an issue with passing Path Finder's selection to Alfred, however when browsing in Alfred and using 'Reveal in Finder' and 'Get Info' actions, both use Finder instead of Path Finder.  I could see why Get Info might not work out of the box, but with Path Finder (6.3) allegedly claiming to replace Finder as the default file browser, Alfred (2.0.9) on my machine (10.8.5) opens Finder and not Path Finder.  Being a Path Finder user for awhile, I know many apps seem to ignore the setting, but many others seem to work fine for me.  I've no idea how they implement it internally and I'm sure some apps directly call Finder regardless.

But anyway, after seeing this in Path Finder forums: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/550-pf-6-set-as-default-file-browser-alfred, it confirmed what I initially thought: Alfred would do it right in the first place.  Any suggestions?  Is this supposed to still work, and something or other is broken?