1Password data not found in Alfred [Fixed v2.0.9 b214]

davidyannick

I've just installed 1Password on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from Mac App Store, before I've uninstalled with Clean my mac beta version of 1Password. 

Before the MAS version Alfred(2.0.8 b212) found 1Password Data but since I've installed and checked Enable Integration with 3rd party apps, Alfred doesn't find 1Password datas anymore ? The message in Alfred : Unable to find 1Password Data ?

Thanks for your help

I've just installed 1Password on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from Mac App Store, before I've uninstalled with Clean my mac beta version of 1Password. 

Before the MAS version Alfred(2.0.8 b212) found 1Password Data but since I've installed and checked Enable Integration with 3rd party apps, Alfred doesn't find 1Password datas anymore ? The message in Alfred : Unable to find 1Password Data ?

Thanks for your help

Hi there,

You have 1Password 3rd party integration ticked, so that's a good start. Could you check in Alfred's Features > 1Password preferences under the advanced button if "Discover Automatically" is ticked for the 1Password keychain.

Cheers,

Andrew

It is ticked and no data found

Have you restarted Alfred since uninstalling 1Password 3 and installing 1Password 4 as Alfred only discovers the path at startup. Have you also tried unticking and reticking the "Discover Automatically" box?

When I uninstalled 1password 4 beta and install the final build from Mac App Store I restart Alfred and even the Mac

I'll take a deeper look - it could be that the 1Password 4 release version bundle identifier has changed. If so, I'll get this fixed up today :)

[moving to the bugs forum]

Now it don't show me the bookmarks of the beta. Automatic is ticked also 3party integration. Which path do I have to copy for the beta?

Try renaming the beta to 1Password.app instead of 1Password 4 then restarting Alfred. The data path has changed for the app store version, but should still be the same for the non app store beta.

I am using the MAS version of 1Password 4 and have followed all of the instructions in this thread but am still getting the message "Unable to find 1Password data". I am using iCloud synch - perhaps that is the issue ?  I'm not sure whether I should be selecting the "Discover Automatically" box - and if not, I'm not sure what path name I should be using ?

I am using the MAS version of 1Password 4 and have followed all of the instructions in this thread but am still getting the message "Unable to find 1Password data". I am using iCloud synch - perhaps that is the issue ?  I'm not sure whether I should be selecting the "Discover Automatically" box - and if not, I'm not sure what path name I should be using ?

The cloud sync shouldn't matter as Alfred uses a small file which 1Password exports to show the bookmarks to you. Have you restarted your Mac? If so, make sure 'discover automatically' is selected in Alfred's 1Password preferences is selected, and that 3rd party data is enabled in 1Password as shown here:

http://support.alfredapp.com/features:1password

If Alfred's preferences isn't showing your bookmarks, please let me know if this file exists in your home folder:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

(The easiest way to get to your home Library folder is in Finder, click the Go menu then hold the alt key and the Library folder will appear)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

you are dead on....now it works, thank you Andrew

I started using the new iCloud integration as well in 1Password

Andrew, does it make sense for you to support 1Password via iCloud integration?

or does it not matter?

Scott

Edited by scottkatz

you are dead on....now it works, thank you Andrew

I started using the new iCloud integration as well in 1Password

Andrew, does it make sense for you to support 1Password via iCloud integration?

or does it not matter?

Scott

The new 1Password 4 3rd party integration separates out the data Alfred needs and is the only way Alfred can integrate. This allows you to use Dropbox, iCloud etc and it not affect Alfred's integration… all in all, Alfred now has a much cleaner integration with 1Password :)

• 1 month later...

I have have 1password Version 4.1.1 (411001) and Alfred v2.1.1 (227). I have never installed 1P v3. I have dropbox enabled and it does not recognise 1P in Alfred (frustratingly the reason I paid for the Powerpack!). I am on OS 10.9 Can you help please?

See two screen shots of my settings...

1password%20config.png

alfred%20config.png

Edited by David Thrale

I have have 1password Version 4.1.1 (411001) and Alfred v2.1.1 (227). I have never installed 1P v3. I have dropbox enabled and it does not recognise 1P in Alfred (frustratingly the reason I paid for the Powerpack!). I am on OS 10.9 Can you help please?

See two screen shots of my settings...

Under Alfred's 'Advanced' iPassword preferences (button in the bottom right), make sure 'Discover Automatically' is ticked. If it is, pop an email to info@alfredapp com and I'll help you out... with 1Password 4, it shouldn't matter if you have passwords syncing or not as Alfred uses the 3rd party bookmark file which should always be in the same place :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew after not much luck from 1password, I thought it through and decided to completely uninstall 1p and reinstall. This seemed to do the trick. Hazel now automatically finds the 1p data at `/Users/myname/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain`.

Can I just say how impressed by how quickly and professionally you replied to my cry for help. Even Alfred himself would have been impressed. Thanks.

Now I just need to start learning how to use all its capabilities and start saving time!