AppleScript error in Console.app with iTunes Miniplayer

Hi!

Almost every time I call the iTunes Miniplayer and start typing I see the following error in Console.app:

05.11.13 17:58:23,767 Alfred 2[18530]: [ERROR] AppleScript Error: {

NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = iTunes;

NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get container of container of current track.";

NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "iTunes got an error: Can\U2019t get container of container of current track.";

NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = "-1728";

NSAppleScriptErrorRange = "NSRange: {0, 0}";

}

Everything functions as it should, though - I can browse, choose songs, play them... everything's normal except for the error.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I still wanted to mention it  ;)

OS X 10.8.5, iTunes 11.1.2, Alfred v2.1 (218)

Hi!

Almost every time I call the iTunes Miniplayer and start typing I see the following error in Console.app:

05.11.13 17:58:23,767 Alfred 2[18530]: [ERROR] AppleScript Error: {

NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = iTunes;

NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get container of container of current track.";

NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "iTunes got an error: Can\U2019t get container of container of current track.";

NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = "-1728";

NSAppleScriptErrorRange = "NSRange: {0, 0}";

}

Everything functions as it should, though - I can browse, choose songs, play them... everything's normal except for the error.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I still wanted to mention it  ;)

OS X 10.8.5, iTunes 11.1.2, Alfred v2.1 (218)

What type of track is it that you are listening to when you receive this error? That code was added to enable the iTunes Radio controls for the mini player. I tested with local tracks, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio and they all seemed to work axe xoected with no errors in the console.

Hi David, thanks for your reply :)

All my music is local, all files are AAC and iTunes Match is not activated. The error shows up when I try to play my own local music (not iTunes Radio tracks).

I have no idea if certain tracks / albums / artists are related to the error - It seems pretty random to me... But the error only ever appears when I search for something to play with the mini player, not when I use the hotkeys for "next", "previous" and so on.

Also I noticed that the error mostly gets logged BEFORE I press enter on a song, while I'm still typing into the mini player. That seems pretty weird...

Hi David, thanks for your reply :)

All my music is local, all files are AAC and iTunes Match is not activated. The error shows up when I try to play my own local music (not iTunes Radio tracks).

I have no idea if certain tracks / albums / artists are related to the error - It seems pretty random to me... But the error only ever appears when I search for something to play with the mini player, not when I use the hotkeys for "next", "previous" and so on.

Also I noticed that the error mostly gets logged BEFORE I press enter on a song, while I'm still typing into the mini player. That seems pretty weird...

Good old Applescript :) So, I've traced down the issue. It's in the function that grabs data about the current track and feeds it to the mini player. It was a change I made to allow it to grab info from tracks playing from iTunes Radio as well. The code is perfectly valid for local tracks also. I can copy the command, stick it in Applescript Editor and it works fine. Anyway, for some reason when it searches, it throws the error in the console. We'll get it taken care of. Thanks for spotting it and sharing.