Limit search scope because of Dropbox or Google Drive duplicates

Just set up Google Drive as a backup.

Rather than move all my docs to the Google drive, I copied them with a one-way sync program.

So now Alfred sees duplicates of all my files.

I think I see where to add to the search scope in default results, but I can't see where I can tell Alfred not to search my Google drive.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

If you don't mind typing a keyword/hitting a hotkey every time you find a file/folder, you can create a new workflow with your desired search scope.

I did this for "Admin" folders like application settings folders and am pretty happy with the result  :)

I do not think you can't say to Alfred "exclude these folders" from the search scope.

The logic is closer to adding all the folders / files types you want to search in to get the search scope you want.

HTH. 

Just set up Google Drive as a backup.

Rather than move all my docs to the Google drive, I copied them with a one-way sync program.

So now Alfred sees duplicates of all my files.

I think I see where to add to the search scope in default results, but I can't see where I can tell Alfred not to search my Google drive.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

It might be worth adding the Google Drive to OS X's spotlight privacy prefs if you never want to find stuff on here. This will not only remove them from Alfred's results, but also make OS X work less hard in trying to index this folder.