Add RescueTime Get Focused to Workflow

Hi, I use RescueTime and would like to trigger a morning routine workflow, where one of the actions would be to enable "GetFocused" on RescueTime.  RescueTime runs from the menubar, and the only way I have figured out how to "get focused" is by using my mouse to click on that option.  

Open to any solution that would work. Does anyone have any ideas or have a similar need?

I don't have the RescueTime app but this should be easy in Applescript.  If you look in AppleScript Editor and Open Dictionary... is there an item listed for RescueTime?  If they are good Mac developers, there should be....hopefully then you write an AppleScript to call the GetFocused command.  If not, you would need to kludge through with Applescript GUI scripting and System Events to simulate clicking on the menu -- see e.g. http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=15198

• 5 months later...

Hi, I use RescueTime and would like to trigger a morning routine workflow, where one of the actions would be to enable "GetFocused" on RescueTime.  RescueTime runs from the menubar, and the only way I have figured out how to "get focused" is by using my mouse to click on that option.  

Open to any solution that would work. Does anyone have any ideas or have a similar need?

I have the same need. Have you found a solution?

• 2 years later...
On July 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM, NastyNick said:

On December 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM, PebaVermelho said:

I have the same need. Have you found a solution?

I'm also using RescueTime and would be interested in a workflow for triggering FocusTime if anyone has figured it out...