'Run trigger' Applescript error

jaster

After updating to 2.5 my workflow that uses the 'run trigger' funtion via Applescript no longer works.

After running:

tell application "Alfred 2" to run trigger "setup" in workflow "j.setup.display"

The debugger returns:

error "Alfred 2 got an error: AppleEvent handler failed." number -10000

After updating to 2.5 my workflow that uses the 'run trigger' funtion via Applescript no longer works.

After running:

tell application "Alfred 2" to run trigger "setup" in workflow "j.setup.display"

The debugger returns:

error "Alfred 2 got an error: AppleEvent handler failed." number -10000

I'm not experiencing these errors, but the event handler seems like an underlying AppleScript Event error... have you tried restarting your Mac? Is it affecting other external trigger workflows?

I'm not experiencing these errors, but the event handler seems like an underlying AppleScript Event error... have you tried restarting your Mac? Is it affecting other external trigger workflows?

Unfortunately, restarting my Mac did not fix it. I found two other trigger workflows to test and one of them produced the same error as mine.

This is my problematic workflow: download

The other problematic workflow: download

The one that actually works for me: download

Unfortunately, restarting my Mac did not fix it. I found two other trigger workflows to test and one of them produced the same error as mine.

This is my problematic workflow: download

The other problematic workflow: download

The one that actually works for me: download

When installing the first one and typing 'ss', Alfred re-shows and I don't get the AppleScript error you are describing.

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user and trying from there?

When installing the first one and typing 'ss', Alfred re-shows and I don't get the AppleScript error you are describing.

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user and trying from there?

Creating a new user did not remedy the issue either.

Odd, do you have a second Mac to try this on? I'll ask David too.

Creating a new user did not remedy the issue either.

I wasn't able to replicate this either. I did notice one thing though. The code you provided above called "setup" in "j.setup.display" and looking at the workflow you provided in the link above, that wouldn't work. The bundleid you have set on the workflow is alfred.setup.display.

The only error I ran into was it attempting to run cscreen, which I don't have.  The link to the other broken workflow doesn't appear to work.