some workflows doesn't extend

Hi,

some workflows that used to work cannot be used since although their command is found but once they are selected I cannot proceed.

I have issues with the following:

http://www.packal.org/workflow/movie-and-tv-show-search

http://www.packal.org/workflow/packal-workflow-search

http://www.packal.org/workflow/homebrew-and-cask-alfred

the interesting part is that there are no messages shown in workflow debug and using their commands in terminal do work and return the needed data in xml format.

Can you give me some troubleshooting hints? thanks!

it seems to me like Alfred couldn't connect to the internet??? at least I have tried a few additional workflows and when it does it's job locally it works but when it needs to connect to the internet it doesn't. although Alfred can check for updates. Could you help me please?

it seems to me like Alfred couldn't connect to the internet??? at least I have tried a few additional workflows and when it does it's job locally it works but when it needs to connect to the internet it doesn't. although Alfred can check for updates. Could you help me please?

Are you using a proxy to connect to the internet? If so, you may need to select to use the proxy settings in the bottom left of Alfred's "Advanced" preferences.

Those are all Python workflows. I haven't figured out why, but sometimes Python stops working in applications (I've had the issue with Alfred and Sublime Text).

If other, non-Python workflows continue to work, I'd suggest this may be the problem you're having.

The only fix I've found so far is rebooting.

Dunno. This might be the first Andrew has heard of the issue, but it doesn't seem to be specific to Alfred.

Whenever this has happened, I've also had other issues with the system, and restarting the affected applications has no effect. As a result, I figure it's a bug in some OS X subsystem.

Dunno. This might be the first Andrew has heard of the issue, but it doesn't seem to be specific to Alfred.

Whenever this has happened, I've also had other issues with the system, and restarting the affected applications has no effect. As a result, I figure it's a bug in some OS X subsystem.

perhaps. ok, any ways thanks for the quick help, everything is working properly now!

• 1 month later...

It appears that this issue is caused by a full IO buffer, which is causing the workflow process to lock up. The root cause is Alfred's handling of output to STDERR.

It predominantly affects workflows based on Alfred-Workflow, as I've encouraged AW users to log heavily.