Lock alfred?

Would be cool to be able to lock alfred in place based on keyword/workflow. (As in if i type a given keyword (for a workflow), alfred won't "go away" and erase anything I have typed when i click away from it). This might be useful for workflows with complex chains of interaction or when a lot of text needs to be typed in. 

Don't know if this is possible or if it's against the spirit of Alfred in terms of what it's "supposed" to be used for, but I have a couple workflows where I could use this. 

Re-open Alfred and hit the up arrow. That will bring back your previous query.

Too many keypresses? Assign a hotkey to the following AppleScript (with Alfred or Fast Scripts or whatever):

-- Open Alfred
tell application "Alfred 2" to search ""
-- Wait for Alfred window to appear
delay 0.2
-- Simulate Up-Arrow keypress
tell application "System Events" to key code 126

You may need to increase the delay 0.2 (or you may be able to reduce it).

Re-open Alfred and hit the up arrow. That will bring back your previous query.

Too many keypresses? Assign a hotkey to the following AppleScript (with Alfred or Fast Scripts or whatever):

-- Open Alfred
tell application "Alfred 2" to search ""
-- Wait for Alfred window to appear
delay 0.2
-- Simulate Up-Arrow keypress
tell application "System Events" to key code 126

You may need to increase the delay 0.2 (or you may be able to reduce it).

If its just about having the previous query back, then you can also change your settings. Under Advanced -> History -> Activate "Show latest history if within 5 minutes"

I got the tip from Vero a little while ago: https://twitter.com/alfredapp/status/711159248017858562

Edited by FroZen_X

• 4 weeks later...

Support dfay, it's a very nice feature.

But is there a way to disable the behaviour in the particular workflow? One of my workflows requires a ability to quickly select the first and the last items in Script Filter list. Sometimes up arrow selects the last item, but sometimes it switches to the previous query. It's not good for me.