Steering the notification output of shell scripts

Hi,

sorry if this topic has come up before but i haven't found any proper answers for this yet:

Is there a way to properly set the output of shell scripts in the workflows?

for example some kind of variables to set to put into the fields "title" and "text" ?

in alfred1 i just "echo"'d stuff inside of the script which was taken as input to the notification centre but now i have some trouble to do this correctly.... maybe i'm doing it wrong, but then again, sometimes i would like to have 2 variables displayed as title and text ... is there any way?

kind regards

fabian

Hi,

sorry if this topic has come up before but i haven't found any proper answers for this yet:

Is there a way to properly set the output of shell scripts in the workflows?

for example some kind of variables to set to put into the fields "title" and "text" ?

in alfred1 i just "echo"'d stuff inside of the script which was taken as input to the notification centre but now i have some trouble to do this correctly.... maybe i'm doing it wrong, but then again, sometimes i would like to have 2 variables displayed as title and text ... is there any way?

kind regards

fabian

If you leave those fields empty, it will echo the output, or you can use the {query} variable... this is in the grey subtext in the notifications object configuration :)

but the {query} variable only displays the input to the script, right?

and if i leave the fields blank, i can not "steer" the script output in the sense im trying to do .. for example have 2 separate outputs, one in title and one in the text?

but the {query} variable only displays the input to the script, right?

and if i leave the fields blank, i can not "steer" the script output in the sense im trying to do .. for example have 2 separate outputs, one in title and one in the text?

{query} will show the echo'd output from the script in the notification item. Not original input. Another way to think about it is, {query} is input for each piece. So, it is whatever is sent to a script. For a notification it's whatever is sent from the script to the notification. It gives access to whatever data is passed from each module in the workflow. It's not constant