mac os selection working incorrectly

@rounak while I can see why this issue is happening, what are you actually trying to achieve here?

• If you want to show the actions panel for the given file, select the file and use the Features > File Search > Actions > File Selection hotkey. This will always show the actions panel for the file you have selected.
  • If you want to pass the selected file through to a workflow for processing, set the hotkey action to "pass through to workflow".

Essentially, if you were to type that exact file path into Alfred, you'd get the same results you are seeing here in the file system navigation from selecting a path and showing Alfred with that path. If you turn off "Fuzzy Matching" in Alfred's Features > File Search > Navigation, you'd see the exact file you selected in this case.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

If you turn off "Fuzzy Matching" in Alfred's Features > File Search > Navigation, you'd see the exact file you selected in this case.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with @rounak's computer there. I'd never noticed this option before, and I must say I'm much happier with Navigation mode now I've turned it on :)

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

If you want to show the actions panel for the given file, select the file and use the Features > File Search > Actions > File Selection hotkey. This will always show the actions panel for the file you have selected.

I need to perform actions on selected text and files depending on what is frontmost with the same hotkey. That's how it works in LB (and QS when I last used it). 

Toggling the Fuzzy matching does work. The fact, that I have to turn off Fuzzy matching for merely actioning a selected file does not make too much sense to me. 

1 minute ago, rounak said:

The fact, that I have to turn off Fuzzy matching for merely actioning a selected file does not make too much sense to me. 

You don't. If you use Alfred's File Selection Hotkey, as Andrew described, you'll end up with the right file.

Or are you not after opening the file in Navigation mode?