Pinboard Search Workflow

Download links broken or expired?

Yup, luckily the code is on github and I would recommend packaging the original source so you know that nothing has been tampered with by a 3rd party but as a general note all workflows created by others should be inspected before running. Anyhow, with that in mind I won't package the workflow up for you as there are a few different ways I have seen that done and don't know how alfred does the zipping. As a general rule they are simply zip archives so unzip for source and zip swapping extensions for .alfredworklow.

1) Download an archive of the repository from github and unzip, you should be left an "alfred-pinboard-master" directory: 

https://github.com/eknkc/alfred-pinboard/archive/master.zip

2) Open up terminal and change your working directory to your ~/Downloads folder or wherever you saved the archive and subsequent folder 

cd ~/Downloads

Run the below zip command to stuff it all together

zip -j9 --filesync pinboard.alfredworkflow alfred-pinboard-master/*.{json,js,png,plist,md}

The markdown, md, file doesn't need to be included in your workflow but it does not matter and some info can't hurt. You should be good to go after that importing pinboard.alfredworkflow. The workflow file name is generic, whatever info the original poster/creator left in the workflow's details will hold.

Edited by twinpeaks
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks! Works perfectly for me first time. Only thing I had to do manually was add a $PATH variable after Node.js installed. (Create a text file in ~/.bash_profile with the content "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin")

• 1 month later...

ok I got a solution that work for me. I followed fform’s  instruction but still fail to set my auth token.

then I look into search.js ( right click in alfred app's pinboard workflow and choose "show in finder") and found the following lines:

async.auto({
  configFile: function (next) {
    var filename = path.join(process.env.HOME, "/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/eknkc.pinboard/config.json");
    mkdirp(path.dirname(filename), function (err) {
      if (err) return next(err);
      next(null, filename);
    });
  },
  cacheFile: function(next) {
    var filename = path.join(process.env.HOME, "/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/eknkc.pinboard/bookmarks.json");
    mkdirp(path.dirname(filename), function (err) {
      if (err) return next(err);
      next(null, filename);
    });

Notice the red text above are two directory set for bookmarks.json and config.json.

It seems that Alfred has changed the default directory of workflows. Mine looks like this ( yours might be different ):

/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.xxxxx-xx-4C09-9ED6-414xxxx8B59/config.json

JUST CREATE A config.json ( as according to fform’s suggestion ) and replace the two directory with yours. 

That should work. 

Edited by jianzong