Exporting Workflow Progress

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is, or should be some sort of progress bar for exporting a workflow? I have one with quite a large codebase and having a few issues exporting it. 

When I hit export the dialog disappears, but nothing appears in the specified directory. I thought it was completely broken, but then I looked in the directory maybe 10 minutes later and there was the file there, and at about 100mb. Strangely, when I quite Alfred Preferences the file was removed. 

I noticed that the Alfred Preferences process was using a lot of CPU so I assumed that it was still going, just taking a while to zip everything up. The problem is, now I don't know how long I should leave it for before utilising the alfredworkflow file, because there's no signal to tell me it's complete.

I wasn't sure if this is a bug, a suggestion, or a known issue so though I would just get some feedback to see if anyone else had had this problem.

Cheers,

Hi @vitor

Thanks! I'm running a webserver with a bunch of photos and composer packages. I have decided to package the workflow without the codebase and pull it in as part of a setup action in the workflow, this keeps the file down to a few kilobytes Nd solves the problem :)

I also had the same 'issue' duplicating the workflow. No progress bar / loading icon despite it actually working away behind the scenes.

Obviously it's ideal to keep the file size down so its not really a problem for me anymore. 

Thanks for the response.

Edited by Dayjo

@Dayjo Welcome to the forum. Please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile before asking workflow-related questions.

This email address is only visible to admins (Andrew and myself) and allows us to confirm your Powerpack status. 

Cheers,
Vero