Disabling double-tap on command for copy to clipboard?

At some point, Alfred started hijacking my command key, so whatever app I'm using, when I double-tap command, it copies to clipboard.

This is extremely undesirable to me, as I use a clipboard tracker and it's constantly being filled with random crap. I don't need this feature, however I have no idea, even after scouring through the app settings, where to disable this feature.

Anyone has a clue? Please help :)

• Vero locked this topic

@nandorocker Welcome to the forum. Alfred never directly hijacks the clipboard in such a way, but this could be achieved with the Powerpack.

Could you please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile? This is only visible to admins (Andrew and I) and allows us to confirm your registered status. I've temporarily locked this thread, but once you've confirmed your details, we'll be happy to help you further :) 

Cheers,
Vero

• Vero unlocked this topic

@nandorocker firstly, can you confirm that quitting Alfred makes this behaviour disappear? If it's definitely Alfred, there are a few places you can check to see if you have a hotkey with double tap set which could be copying things to the clipboard (i.e. via a file selection).

All of these are within Alfred's Preferences:

• Features > File Search > Actions > File Selection (this copies the selected file to the clipboard)
  • Workflows > [cog] > "Show Hotkeys" and scroll down the workflow list to see a double tap command
  • If you are using Pop-clip or similar, try disabling Features > Clipboard > Merging > Fast Append

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Only option of the three would be your first bullet. And it is currently using CMD double-tap for that. I use that function for some of my actions, because I need to select files and run the action. Apparently this also works system-wide, though, when you have it enabled... which is quite annoying

@nandorocker it works system wide as this will work in any app which provides files (or even text representing a file path). As I said, the file selection into Alfred uses the pasteboard to obtain the file selection, which is unrelated to double tap cmd combination.

It's also worth noting that Alfred has a clipboard history too (if that's what you mean by a clipboard tracker), and items brought into Alfred through the file selection hotkey won't show in Alfred's clipboard history.

Cheers,

Andrew