Mojave Accented Dark & Light Themes Collection + Theme Switcher Workflow

AlexMartinFR

August 2020 edit:

I'm now working on a Big Sur edition of this theme collection!

To get a native look and feel, we will need one more option from Alfred's theming engine:

Round corners for the highlighted search result 🙂

I'm making this case in this tweet, please RT/Like if you'd like to see this happen:

https://twitter.com/AlexMartinFR/status/1292051533903863809?s=20

Thanks 🙏

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Here is a full collection of themes to embrace macOS Mojave's new Dark and Light themes and their respective accent colors!

Each one hase been carefully designed with a pinch of the accent color's hue in each element.

I've chosen to respect the low contrast Yellow Accent color shipped by Apple in macOS, despite not being fond of it.

It comes in Blue, Purple, Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green & Gray, each with a Dark and Light variant.

You can have the color you want, as long as it's not black! 

There is now a workflow made for this themes collection, which allows you to switch easily between Dark & Light mode, and select your Alfred theme's accent color.

Here is a quick demo:

mojave-theme-switcher.gif

TL;DR: How to Install ?

You can find all the previews in High Res and link to each theme on Alfred's website on my repo:

https://github.com/AlexMartinFR/mojave-alfred-accented-themes

Enjoy ;)

Mojave Light - Yellow.png

Mojave Light - Red.png

Mojave Light - Purple.png

Mojave Light - Pink.png

Mojave Light - Orange.png

Mojave Light - Green.png

Mojave Light - Gray.png

Mojave Light - Blue.png

Mojave Dark - Yellow.png

Mojave Dark - Red.png

Mojave Dark - Purple.png

Mojave Dark - Pink.png

Mojave Dark - Orange.png

Mojave Dark - Green.png

Mojave Dark - Gray.png

Mojave Dark - Blue.png

Edited by AlexMartinFR
Announcing the Big Sur edition!

I added a workflow to go with this set of Themes, you can find it on the same Github repo in the Workflows folder ;)

It features two commands :

"theme" : toggle between Dark & Light themes for both macOS & Alfred.

"theme red" : switch to the Red Accented Alfred Theme.

Here is a screenshot of the MojaveThemeSwitcher and its options:

MojaveThemeSwitcher.jpg

Edited by AlexMartinFR

Thanks for the kind words Micka ?

I'm now working on a new install/update command* for the workflow, so that you won't have to manually download all the 16 themes.

Which is, honestly, quite a hastle. You can expect it tomorrow probably ;)

* For those interested, it'll be a bash script which will download the themes from the Github repository into your local alfred.preferences folder via curl.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Clicked on the link and got taken to your website. Each theme has code.

How do I either convert the code to a functioning Alfred theme OR download and install the completed theme?

It would be neat to convert the code, but I'm not sure how to do it. What are the steps?

Thank  you in advance.

Mark (a newbie)

Hello MarkL,

The fastest way as of now would be to download the whole folder, and double-click each theme's file to install them :

https://github.com/AlexMartinFR/mojave-alfred-accented-themes/archive/master.zip

I originally planned to add a theme installer to the workflow, but still haven't had any time to go back to it, so it'll probably be the best way for a while.

Thanks for checking out my themes ;)

Hey Alex,

I've enjoyed using your toggle. I've also realized I want to try out the "Dynamic" mode that changes as the day goes on. 

Is it possible that using your toggle has made the "Dynamic" mode unable to work properly? Any advice on how to re-enable the Dynamic mode after using your workflow?

-Luke

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, johnsonl33 said:

Hey Alex,

I've enjoyed using your toggle. I've also realized I want to try out the "Dynamic" mode that changes as the day goes on. 

Is it possible that using your toggle has made the "Dynamic" mode unable to work properly? Any advice on how to re-enable the Dynamic mode after using your workflow?

-Luke

Hi Luke, thanks for the kind words!

Could you be more specific regarding your issue? I'm not sure which Dynamic mode you are talking about. Is it a system settings? Something offered with an alternative app?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...