[SOLVED] Changing merge-clipboard shortcut?

I don't know if my hand is shaking or if my keyboard is too sensitive (I did change the default repeat rate in OSX), but I keep merging clipboard items accidentally, I sort of like the merge feature and would like to try to keep using it, but the regular shortcut is just not working out for me.

Maybe there's a trick to changing it to something else?

EDIT: I'm using a bunch of other keyboard oriented utilities - Seil, Karabiner, Hammerspoon

Thanks

Edited by Maddog

@Maddog I would suspect that one of the third party apps is resulting in Cmd + C + C being accidentally triggered. If you either disable these apps temporarily, or use a secondary account on your Mac where they aren't running, do you encounter the accidental merge there?

Alternatively, you can disable merging and create a workflow with a different hotkey, where you can say merge the two most recently copied items together. It would require remembering a different hotkey combo, but might suit you better :)

@Maddog Does that happen frequently on the same apps? I noticed that when I had that feature on, it mostly happened when copying from iTerm2.

5 hours ago, Vero said:

create a workflow with a different hotkey, where you can say merge the two most recently copied items together.

I started making precisely that to share, and it ended up being way easier than what I was envisioning initially. There you go.

@vitor Yup, it literally is that simple :D Thanks for creating it - I was about to come back to this thread and make one!

And yes, iTerm2 is a likely source of the issue, @Maddog, if you're using it. iTerm has a "copy on select" option, which I believe you can disable if that's the only instance where you see it happening! Well remembered, Vitor. 

Cheers,
Vero

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Changing merge-clipboard shortcut?
  • 2 years later...