chris

Alfred integration with TouchBar?

Posted (edited)

I've seen some discussion of allowing access to the TouchBar for Workflows — and I like that. I also think that when I activate the Alfred launcher, the TouchBar should also change to show a set of common tasks, and as I type, perhaps preview the top XX results in the touchbar, so I can easily tap them without having to resort to the command+index keyboard shortcut (one less key to hit, and you could visually represent the options). 

Any thoughts about adding TouchBar support to Alfred? 

Edited by chris
adding a link to the other TouchBar post

There’s already a thread about this. Perhaps you could add your thoughts there instead of creating another thread for the same topic? It helps keep the discussion organised.

Actually, that's the thread I mentioned in my post, and was the only other thread I found about this subject. That thread is about TouchBar access for Workflows. I'm requesting foundational integration with the Alfred launcher itself — regardless of Workflow integration.

So — this is a separate topic even though both are about the TouchBar.

5 hours ago, chris said:

That thread is about TouchBar access for Workflows. I'm requesting …

I understand where you're coming from, but TouchBar is TouchBar. Post in that thread and have your post seen by other people interested in TouchBar support. Create a new thread on the same topic and, well, there's nobody else here but me. And I'm only here to ask you to not create duplicate threads…

Join the existing discussion or (very likely) watch your thread disappear without a trace. Your choice. For my part, I won't be bumping this thread again.

I’ve updated the title of the older thread since in reality a lot of the discussion is about the kind of things @chris suggests, at the app rather than workflow level.