Catalina Beta: Can't update Alfred

raguay.customct

I just installed the Catalina Public beta on my test system. When Alfred needed to update this morning, I get this message:

Alfred was unable to copy Alfred Assistant into Alfred's Application Support area. This is almost certainly due to a permissions issue.

As such, this action has been cancelled.

As such, I can't update this current version. Is there a work around? What directory location would this be referring too?

@raguay.customct This is Alfred's ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/ folder, which he stores quite a bit of stuff in, so should definitely be able to write to this folder.

I've just done a fresh install of Catalina and it's working as expected, so perhaps take a look at permissions on that folder?

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

@raguay.customct This is Alfred's ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/ folder, which he stores quite a bit of stuff in, so should definitely be able to write to this folder.

I've just done a fresh install of Catalina and it's working as expected, so perhaps take a look at permissions on that folder?

Well, every folder and file in that directory has me as the owner and staff as the group, which is standard for macos. Therefore, I'm not sure why it's having an issue.

@raguay.customct This sounds like an issue with Catalina, given the inconsistency between your accounts.

Don't forget that Catalina is an OS in beta and has been changing with every beta update; This hasn't been reported by others, but we're keeping a close eye on anything that needs to be raised with Apple in the early stages of the beta.

Cheers,
Vero

Update: My normal login on Catalina, which is a Mojava login migrated to Catalina, will not allow me to update plugins. It puts a red message at the top saying it can't move to... Not enough room for the full message, but I assume it means the trashcan. Since it is a Dropbox synced account (the test account isn't synced to dropbox), I was able to update it on my main system which is on the Mojava system. Looks like permissions in the home directory has changed in this new version as well.

Installing new workflows does work. It might be something to keep an eye on.

• Andrew changed the title to Catalina Beta: Can't update Alfred