Converting Files (PDF to JPEG)

Hello Alfred Community,

I was wondering if it is possible to use Alfred to do automation workflows like you can with Automator? I am actually trying to figure out if I can use Alfred to convert multiple PDFs to JPEGs. 

I am also wondering if I can put those said convert files into subfolders based on ”tags“ (matches in their file names). 

I am fairly new to Alfred and I do not know its limitations and I was hoping to get some insight from some veterans.

Attached is the simple Automator workflow I currently use convert the PDFs to JPEGs. As for the folders I manually use shortcuts to put selected files into their subfolders.

Best,

CoFouts

Preview.png

7 hours ago, CoFouts said:

I was wondering if it is possible to use Alfred to do automation workflows like you can with Automator?

Not directly, no. Alfred is a launcher, not an automation app. It is designed to run things when you tell it to, and its native integration with other applications generally doesn't extend beyond telling them to open things, and in some cases, allowing you to search for the thing to open (e.g. 1Password or browser bookmarks).

Alfred can run your Automator workflow for you, though. Or an AppleScript (or shell script etc.). But essentially, if you want to do more than just open something, it's up to you to first write the script/Automator workflow to do what you want, and then tell Alfred how you'd like to run it (keyword/hotkey).

• 2 years later...