"Open" and "Find" using Path Finder

cwarkentin

I'm using Path Finder and have it set as my default file browser. When I use Alfred's "Open file..." function to access a file folder, that folder is revealed in the Apple Finder. (This shouldn't be happening since I have Path Finder set as my default file browser). However, when I use Alfred's "Reveal file in Finder..." function to access that same folder, the folder is revealed in Path Finder. (This is what should be happening since I have Path Finder set as my default file browser.)

I'm using Alfred v2.0.2 (178) and can replicate this issue. I have a new MacBook, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, running OS X 10.8.3

I know it's a dumb question, but did you by any chance restart after (if applies) installing path finder and/or setting it to the default file browser? I had this issue, come right to the forum to let it know, restarted, and everything is working fine ever since :S

I'm on OSX 10.8.3, Alfred 2.0.2, Path Finder 6.1.4 (1527) and can't replicate what you're seeing.

btw, I'm not from alfred's crew, just trying to help :D

I'm using Path Finder and have it set as my default file browser. When I use Alfred's "Open file..." function to access a file folder, that folder is revealed in the Apple Finder. (This shouldn't be happening since I have Path Finder set as my default file browser). However, when I use Alfred's "Reveal file in Finder..." function to access that same folder, the folder is revealed in Path Finder. (This is what should be happening since I have Path Finder set as my default file browser.)

I'm using Alfred v2.0.2 (178) and can replicate this issue. I have a new MacBook, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, running OS X 10.8.3

I'm going to move this to closed as these other kind chaps have helped out :)