[SOLVED] Workflow to make terminal frontmost app, and open app if necessary

Hey all,

I haven't been active in this community for a long time (though I used to a lot!). And I haven't really been keeping up with the updates. 

I'd like to have a workflow that would let me assign a keyboard trigger to open a terminal and make it the frontmost app. If the app was already open, just switch to it. If it wasn't, open it and switch to it. Does something like this exist already? If not, how can I make it? It seems very straightforward but glancing at the examples in the workflow tab of Alfred, I couldn't immediately see how to...

Thanks for any help thrown my way,

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Florian said:

I haven't been active in this community for a long time (though I used to a lot!).

Welcome back. Not your first comeback from absence, I recall!

1 hour ago, Florian said:

I'd like to have a workflow that would let me assign a keyboard trigger to open a terminal and make it the frontmost app. If the app was already open, just switch to it. If it wasn't, open it and switch to it.

What you’re looking for is the Launch Apps and Files Action.

Thanks! This works great now. Now that you've reminded me, I remember trying to use this workflow object and it didn't handle well hiding the apps and I had to write an NSAppleScript for this (which didn't age well). Now it's flawless!

And yeah, I've never stopped using Alfred, but now that I'm actually paid to write code, I have less time and motivation to maintain public workflows so I'm not active here at all anymore...

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Workflow to make terminal frontmost app, and open app if necessary