Window tiling feature would be nice

I don’t use a titling window managers, but Hammerspoon has it as an option to setup. It’s has the function built in but no hotkey assignments setup. If your interested, I can help you set it up. I do have a Hammerspoon Wordflow for Alfred. I use it all the time for setting up window layouts for different workflows. I also use my fman plugin Project Manager with Hammerspoon to setup windows for my project when I enter the project directory in fman. Very useful.

With all these outside resources, there’s no need to add it to Alfred, but create the proper workflow for you using the other tools. That’s where you get the real power of Alfred. Not a single, mega program that does everything. The Unix philosophy is many small, one purpose programs working together.

There is a good, dedicated titling window manager called Amethyst.

Edited by deanishe
Convert Markdown to BBCode

@vitor Thanks! I will look in to that. I would like Alfred to be the goto app for all Mac automation. This instead of an app for search, an app for workflows, an app for tiling, an app for macros, etc.

I am now using Rectangle but if Alfred works equally well then Rectangle must go. 

Edit: Div is cool! Just what i was looking for.

Edited by Toontje

7 minutes ago, raguay.customct said:

With all these outside resources, there's no need to add it to Alfred, but create the proper workflow for you using the other tools. That's where you get the real power of Alfred. Not a single, mega program that does everything. The Unix philosophy is many small, one purpose programs working together.

Yeah, as you can read in the message above, i like one tool that does all instead of learning all kinds of different tools that only do one thing (and now you are going to tell me "and do that one thing right").

42 minutes ago, Toontje said:

Yeah, as you can read in the message above, i like one tool that does all instead of learning all kinds of different tools that only do one thing (and now you are going to tell me "and do that one thing right").

You missed my point. Use Alfred to launch and control the other applications. The 'div' workflow does that, just behind the scene so you don't realize it. I like my Hammerspoon workflow because I can add functionality easily, but run everything from Alfred. The power of Alfred isn't that it does everything, but that it can 'glue' the smaller programs together to make life easier.

• 1 year later...