workflow to convert html to markdown

16 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

I know this isn't exactly the answer you were seeking but I'd use the smart little utility PopClip for that. There is a free trial so you could try it to see if it works for you. (It does a lot more than merely convert html to markdown, of course. I find it invaluable.)

Stephen

can you trust an app like this with confidential things since you copy passwords and stuff? i trust alfred with clipboard histories because its local from what i understand 

either way ive downloaded it right now through the app store and bought it

3 hours ago, obadiahcruz said:

can you trust an app like this with confidential things since you copy passwords and stuff?

PopClip just feeds your HTML into a 10-year-old version of this free script. You might as well just download the script and put it in a workflow that works the way you want.

Be aware that HTML -> Markdown fundamentally doesn't work particularly well. Markdown is extremely limited compared to HTML, and an awful lot can get lost in translation.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:26 AM, deanishe said:

PopClip just feeds your HTML into a 10-year-old version of this free script. You might as well just download the script and put it in a workflow that works the way you want.

Be aware that HTML -> Markdown fundamentally doesn't work particularly well. Markdown is extremely limited compared to HTML, and an awful lot can get lost in translation.

In principle, though, a good HTML -> Markdown Converter would know when a fragment of HTML wasn't convertible and would leave as is, HTML being valid in Markdown.