Unexplained "Experimental features in use" Notification?

Not totally sure what is going on, but I think since upgrading to 4.5, I get the following notification every time I restart Alfred.

However, I cannot really tell what "experimental feature" I may have activated? In the 4.5 changelog, there isn't any mentioning of new experimental features, and I am not aware of turning on anything like that.

I am not sure whether I accidentally did something? Maybe I am totally dense, but I went through all Alfred settings and could not find anything. Can someone point me to what happened?

Screenshot 2021-08-08 20.45.30.png

Edited by armenaton
1 hour ago, armenaton said:

However, I cannot really tell what "experimental feature" I may have activated?

I think you must have turned it on using defaults on the command line. There’s no GUI option or documentation because it’s experimental.

The feature is something Andrew added to support one of Mr Pennyworth's workflows (perhaps the one linked below). Alfred emits notifications ("selected result #1", "selected result #2", etc.) that other apps can subscribe to, so the preview window from Mr Pennyworth's workflow knows what to show.

It's perfectly harmless: Alfred only broadcasts the index of the selected result, not any of its contents.

• 8 months later...

Are there any other causes of this notification? I get this notification whenever I first open Alfred after a restart. I disabled all workflows just as a sanity check and still am getting this notification. Not a huge problem -- just a little annoying.

2 hours ago, Adam Smith said:

I disabled all workflows just as a sanity check and still am getting this notification.

Disabling Workflows won’t have an effect; it’s an Alfred feature. Presumably you ran this defaults command so you need to run the reverse: defaults write com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred experimental.presssecretary -bool NO (or defaults delete com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred experimental.presssecretary).