Site feedback - Indexing troubleshooting article is difficult to find

Howdy,

Today I ran into an issue with Alfred failing to show one of my apps. Spoiler: my issue was fixed via 'Rebuild macOS Metadata'. The thing is, it took me a while to actually find this information. My issue wasn't covered by the in app troubleshooting steps, which was fine as the final step took me to the 'more troubleshooting guides…' page online. But this is where things got problematic. On this page, the only mention of indexing is a link to an article titled 'I'm encountering indexing issues in macOS 10.15 Catalina' and so I just skipped straight over that article because I am not on 10.15 Catalina. 

I ended up finding a post by @Vero in the forum linking to this article: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/ which is what I followed to solve my problem. But unless I am actually losing my mind (I did check multiple times), that article is not actually linked in the 'more troubleshooting guides…' page at https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/

So I just wanted to share my little journey because I thought it might be a good idea to add that link to the troubleshooting page.

Cheers :)

5 minutes ago, Floating.Point said:

Oh dear dear me… this is 100% my bad, how embarrassing. You are of course right, and I am a giant doofus. 

(Once I'd found the article in the forum and returned to the troubleshooting page to look for it, I was searching for "index" with no luck)

Sounds perfectly sensible, tbh. "Indexing" is the term we always use, so it would be a good idea to use it in the text of the link to the main page on the topic. Perhaps "Alfred can't find the files I'm searching for (indexing issues)" would be a better link text?

Lol @ the detective skills, tho :D