Bionic Reading

Bionic Reading is a new method facilitating the reading process by guiding the eyes through text with artificial fixation points. As a result, the reader is only focusing on the highlighted initial letters and lets the brain center complete the word. In a digital world dominated by shallow forms of reading, Bionic Reading aims to encourage a more in-depth reading and understanding of written content.

See Bionic Reading Webpage for more information

Requirements

1. Python 3

2. Requests library pip install requests

3. API Key: https://rapidapi.com/bionic-reading-bionic-reading-default/api/bionic-reading1/, please enter API Key in Workflow settings.

Usage

The Bionic Reading Workflow is implemented as an Universal Action and accessible via keyword bio

Universal Action

Mark an URL and enter Universal action → search for Bionic Reading in Universal Action

Keyword

Just type bio and enter the text

Download on GIT: https://github.com/Acidham/alfred-bionic-reading/releases

Edited by Acidham
  • Acidham changed the title to Bionic Reading

Nice stuff! Very excited to test it out! Really liked how easy you made it for users to enter their API_keys!

Unfortunately I couldn't get it running. Has probably something to do with the python path on Mac. The debugger shows:

[15:26:40.642] Bionic Reading[Keyword] Processing complete
[15:26:40.646] Bionic Reading[Keyword] Passing output 'hello' to Run Script
[15:26:40.647] Bionic Reading[Keyword] Passing output 'hello' to Run Script
[15:26:40.802] ERROR: Bionic Reading[Run Script] Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bionic.py", line 7, in <module>
    import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
[15:26:40.804] Bionic Reading[Run Script] Processing complete
[15:26:40.805] Bionic Reading[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script

Already tried changing the python path at the very beginning of the bionic.py file, but can't seem to get your workflow working properly.

(requests-library has been installed via bot pip install requests and pip3 install requests)

would be great if anyone has a solution for this!

@Acidham Thank you for this workflow - the concept sounds great. Unfortunately when I run

bio some text

I get a qlmanage window which looks like this ...

image.thumb.png.69071c778a9afbee16d5843f1bf14599.png

I wondered whether it might be down to me using Brave as my default browser, I changed that back to Chrome but got the same result. Any thoughts please?

8 hours ago, modusop said:

@Acidham Thank you for this workflow - the concept sounds great. Unfortunately when I run

bio some text

I get a qlmanage window which looks like this ...

image.thumb.png.69071c778a9afbee16d5843f1bf14599.png

I wondered whether it might be down to me using Brave as my default browser, I changed that back to Chrome but got the same result. Any thoughts please?

change

python3 bionic.py $query

to

/usr/local/bin/python3 bionic.py $query

will fix your problem