New System Settings in Ventura

Thanks for replying. I'm on the newest Ventura beta and the latest Alfred 5. I was getting only the main Setting window regardless of which preference I was "summoning."  Actually seems to be working better now; perhaps it needed to Index?

Just now, srb1961 said:

I'm on the newest Ventura beta and the latest Alfred 5.

Please never say “latest” but always the exact version. Especially when dealing with betas, “latest” isn‘t specific enough, can be wrong (e.g. auto-updater hasn’t kicked in), and makes it impossible for anyone else to know if their version matches the report. To receive informed help, it is imperative to provide precise information.

2 minutes ago, srb1961 said:

Actually seems to be working better now; perhaps it needed to Index?

Unlikely. Ventura is a beta, things will be broken. On beta 1, I found and reported settings URLs which outright opened the wrong pane.

6 minutes ago, dfay said:

what's the state of the robust AppleScript support that has been built in to System Preferences?

The dictionary is there but uses the old name (System Preferences, not System Settings) and doesn’t work. x-apple.systempreferences: still works to open panes, as does opening them directly from /System/Library/PreferencePanes/.

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Bumping this. I'm now on Alfred 5.0.2 and Ventura 13.0, Beta 3. I've added System/Library/PreferencePanes/ to the search scope, but cannot get most of the categories (as well as sub-menus) to appear in Alfred. Cannot, for example, find "Screen Saver," "Accessibility," or "Notificatoins" at all. Or some may be listed under the wrong name (e.g., if I start typing "Screen," I get "desktopscreeneffectpref," which opens "Wallpaper." Is there another search scope entry to add? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

This Workflow solves the problem: https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/open-system-settings-in-ventura/

Additionally you can remove "/System/Library/PreferencePanes" from the "Search Scope" and uncheck "Preferences" on the top in Alfred Settings --> Features --> Default Results so you won't see the old PreferencePanes in your Alfred search result.

Edited by Pa7trickStar